[DRBD-user] Alternatives to NFS ?

jeffb jeffb at umci.com
Fri Feb 17 01:57:35 CET 2006

Well, Samba might not be as bad as you would think. I've used samba for
years, and I got very used to some of it's older limitations, but with
CIFS, and the unix extensions, I recently discovered that samba was
running very much like NFS does.  File ownership and permissions all
come across as they should (as long as the UID's and GID's on the
systems match), and tools like chmod work just as they do for local
drives.

I wouldn't be afraid of giving samba/cifs with the unix extensions a
serious try.

-Jeff