[DRBD-user] pre-release 0.8

Philipp Reisner philipp.reisner at linbit.com
Thu Feb 16 09:54:27 CET 2006

Am Mittwoch, 15. Februar 2006 19:19 schrieb leonardo rodrigues de mello:
> Hi Philipp Reisner,
>
> I had saw in cvs messages that you are preparing for the 0.8
> pre-release, could you tell me when it will happen ?

No date, but it is true that it will happen soon. [ 'Soon' means within
30 days .]

> Other question is 0.7.16 has suport for Active/Active ?

No, DRBD v8 will have support for Active/Active.

> my idea is to run oracle rac on top of drbd (active/active + GFS or
> OCFS2)

Right, that is one of the few applications that is already available
for DRBDv8.

> here is some tests i had done with GFS:
> http://guialivre.governoeletronico.gov.br/seminario/index.php/TestesGFS

Please keep me up to date in case you have some review of OCFS2. The last
time I had a look at OCFS2 documentation was very sparse an I gave up
on setting it up in my UML cluster.

So in case you write anything about OCFS2 please let me know...

> Here are some tests i want to do soon:

http://guialivre.governoeletronico.gov.br/seminario/index.php/DistributedMassStorage

Nice plans! I whish you manage to do all this.

-Philipp