[DRBD-user] mysql on drdb or mysql replication

Nate Reed nreed at awarix.com
Fri Feb 10 18:37:30 CET 2006

> > I must have lost track of the discussion.  :)  I didn't suggest running
> > MySql Cluster on a single node.  Clearly, one has to choose between 1)
> > MySql clustering on multiple nodes and 2) using DRBD active/passive with
> > mysql running on a single node.  Not both.
>
> and IIRC MySQL-Cluster has to keep the whole database in RAM ?

I have to confess I am guilty of commenting about the original question while
being ignorant of some of the issues involved.  Since I haven't used MySql
clustering before, I don't know anything about how it's implemented.  I also
made an assumption about its use: replication of the database on multiple
nodes.  There must be some kind of central coordination of access to the
mysql cluster, but I doubt it would be so inefficient as to require the
entire database to kept in RAM, any more than DRBD is required to keep an
entire filesystem in RAM....

Nate