[DRBD-user] mkfs hangs with lastest drbd branch build and FC4 kernel

Philipp Reisner philipp.reisner at linbit.com
Fri Feb 3 14:57:25 CET 2006

Am Freitag, 3. Februar 2006 11:48 schrieb Stefan Pietsch:
> Todd Denniston wrote:
> > Stefan,
> > Philipp sent a patch[1] that seems to work for me[2]. With Philipp's
> > patch you
> > should be able to just
> > patch drbd - make clean rpm - rpm install the new drbd.
> >
> > I am not sure when Philipp or Lars will put the patch in the baseline
> > (or if
> > they already have, as I have not been doing the svn thing) and release a
> > new
> > tarball, but it may help them to have another "Patch works for me" vote
> > of confidence sent in. So please give it a try. :)
> >
> > [1] http://lists.linbit.com/pipermail/drbd-user/2006-January/004351.html
> > [2] http://lists.linbit.com/pipermail/drbd-user/2006-January/004357.html
>
> The patch described in [2] came into the branch in r2056.
> So I have to say, that it does not work for me.
>
> I just noticed that a new FC4 kernel was released this morning:
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2006-February/msg00007
>.html

Very strange. And you have verified three times by reading the
SVN version string from /proc/drbd loud to your room-mates that you
loaded the right module ?

In case you have, please provide more information which processes
are hanging around where.

Use 'ps -axo pid,wchan=WIDE-WCHAN-COLUMN -o comm'
and report all drbd_ threads, the mkfs command and all pdflush
threads.

-Philipp