RES: [DRBD-user] software RAID, LVM

Nate Reed nreed at awarix.com
Thu Feb 2 18:20:20 CET 2006

Thank you, Leonardo, this is very helpful!  I have a better understanding now,
but one more question:

On Thursday 02 February 2006 11:00, Leonardo Rodrigues de Mello wrote:
> Hi Nate,

I wonder if I could refine this scheme to add redundancy of / and swap as
follows:

disk 1
  - RAID 1 (md0)
  - RAID 2 (md1)
disk 2
  - RAID 1 (md0)
  - RAID 2 (md1)

Create two RAID devices, for example: /dev/md0 (for disk1/RAID1 and disk
2/RAID 1) and /dev/md1 (for disk 1/RAID 2, and disk 2/RAID2).

DRBD would access /dev/md0, and there are LV's / and swap on /dev/md1.  This
should insulate LVM against failure of one of the disks.

What do you think of this?

Nate