[DRBD-user] mkfs hangs with lastest drbd branch build and FC4 kernel

Todd Denniston Todd.Denniston at ssa.crane.navy.mil
Thu Feb 2 14:58:08 CET 2006

Stefan Pietsch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I compiled the drbd SVN Revision 2057 from the 0.7 branch and tried to
> use it with the latest Fedora Core 4 kernel: 2.6.14-1.1656_FC4smp
>
> The mkfs command still hangs when trying to create a new file system on
> the drbd device.
>
> Is it the only way out to remove Neil Brown's kernel patch and do a
> rebuild of the FC4 kernel?
>

> Thanks for your answers,
> Stefan
Stefan,
Philipp sent a patch[1] that seems to work for me[2]. With Philipp's patch you
should be able to just
patch drbd - make clean rpm - rpm install the new drbd.

I am not sure when Philipp or Lars will put the patch in the baseline (or if
they already have, as I have not been doing the svn thing) and release a new
tarball, but it may help them to have another "Patch works for me" vote of
confidence sent in. So please give it a try. :)

[1] http://lists.linbit.com/pipermail/drbd-user/2006-January/004351.html
[2] http://lists.linbit.com/pipermail/drbd-user/2006-January/004357.html