[DRBD-user] sync very slow

Andrea Monte andrea.monte at tecnologic.biz
Fri Dec 22 19:49:03 CET 2006

Hi,
sorry for my English,
I've configured 2 identically PC in this way:
OS: ubuntu server 6.06.1
DRBD 0.7
HDD: 1 sata 80GB for OS (sdb), 3 sata 320GB (sda) in raid5 with 3ware
controller 9550sx (only with this Linux distribution the first hdd on
the mainboard is seen sdb, but it's working)
The sda is in lvm and I've created 2 units: one for the meta (255MB) and
the other for the data (250GB) and this is the drbd0.
The 2 PC is linked with 2 network Gb interfaces (with full duplex active
and mtu=9000) and cross network cable
I've started drbd on both PC and the sync is running but the rate is
400K (in the configuration file I've a max rate=600M) and I must wait 7
day to end.
Thanks

Andrea