[DRBD-user] Heartbeat configuration for OCFS2 on DRBD

Philipp Reisner philipp.reisner at linbit.com
Thu Dec 21 19:10:23 CET 2006

Am Donnerstag, 21. Dezember 2006 17:23 schrieb Christian Rishøj:
> I have set up a replicated filesystem using OCFS2 on a DRBD device in
> Primary/Primary mode with a dedicated GBit interconnect. It seems to
> work like a charm.
>
> Now comes heartbeat. What are best practices for setting this up in
> the Primary/Primary situation? In particular:
>
> 1) I want both nodes to come up as primary on boot How to ensure this?
>
> 2) Should I leave mounting to heartbeat?
>
> 3) Though a link failure is highly unlikely, I would like to avoid a
> split-brain scenario in case it does happen. Does heartbeat ensure this?
>
> Any advice is much appreciated.

Why do you want to use heartbeat on a Primary/primary cluster with
OCFS2 at all ?

Switching DRBD to primary node and mounting OCFS2 on it should happen
every time a node boots. Simply make a sys-v style init script out of it.

-phil
: Vivenotgasse 48, 1120 Vienna, Austria        http://www.linbit.com :