[DRBD-user] heartbeat starts until drbd sync is finished

Uwe Melzer uwe.melzer at inatec.com
Tue Dec 12 21:49:36 CET 2006

Hi,
I use DRBD 0.7.22 with heartbeat 1.2.3 .
I have defined 10 drbd devices, each with it's own sync group (0-9).
wfc_timeout is set to 0, degr-wfc-timeout to 120 for all devices.

During boot process I observe the following on returned primary node.
When a sync is running heartbeat starts didn't wait sync is finshed
for all devices.
'auto_failback on' is setting in the ha.cf file.

Why? The last command in the drbd start script is 'drbdadm wait_con_int' .
But there is not description in the man pages (drbdadm) for wait_con_int.
On the drbd devices run a database installation, so I must wait for the
end of the sync.
Where can be the mistake, was is going wrong.

Any help are welcome.
Regards
-- Uwe