[DRBD-user] what does drbd do with fsync?

Joe Buehler jbuehler at spirentcom.com
Wed Dec 6 14:49:52 CET 2006

What does drbd do when an application calls fsync on a file descriptor?

In particular, what I would like to know is whether the application
will end up stuck in fsync waiting for an acknowledgement from the remote
that the data is on disk.  In which case fsync can take a lot
longer than for a local disk filesystem...

I am using 0.7.21 with protocol C, if it matters.
--
Joe Buehler