[DRBD-user] Keeping config files in sync

Werner Fischer werner.fischer at fh-hagenberg.at
Tue Dec 5 16:02:14 CET 2006

On Tue, 2006-12-05 at 12:59 +0200, George H wrote:
> csync2  is probably what I need. I can keep my nodes's  /etc/
> directory and what not in sync. Such as creations of users and changed
> passwords.
great!

> Though I don't know why I would want to mirror a virtual machine? I am
> building a HA Linux cluster that servers  http, smtp, imap, pop3, and
> many other services. So you can understand why I would want to keep
> certain files in /etc  in sync.
yea, that is perfectly ok. I only mentioned it because in case you do
not want to have to take care about syncing files in a special way, but
you only want to have a HA server which is completely mirrored, you can
use a mirrored virtual machine (where you put all your HA services in
the virtual machine - then you don't have to take care about syncing
config files, etc, ...)

but when csync2 fits your needs - perfect ;-)

greetings,
Werner