[DRBD-user] DRBD device as NFS host read only problem...

Dan Brown danb at zu.com
Fri Dec 1 17:43:41 CET 2006

So I've got a pair of HA DRBD hosts setup and am attempting to mount from
remote hosts.
I couldn't mount anything externally, all I keptp getting was permission
denied. So I attempted to mount the nfs filesystem on the server itself (the
filesystem itself is currently empty) and this is what I get.

# mount -t nfs4 /opt/mnt/data/clients /root/tmp/
mount: block device 10.0.0.3:/opt/mnt/data/clients is write-protected,
mounting read-only
mount: cannot mount block device 10.0.0.3:/opt/mnt/data/clients read-only

DRBD is running,

# /etc/init.d/drbd status
drbd driver loaded OK; device status:
version: 0.7.21 (api:79/proto:74)
SVN Revision: 2326 build by root at seahawk.thezoo, 2006-10-19 15:38:10
 0: cs:Connected st:Primary/Secondary ld:Consistent
    ns:1028 nr:0 dw:1001832 dr:1428 al:4 bm:1226 lo:0 pe:0 ua:0 ap:0
 1: cs:Unconfigured

nfs is running, and appears to be configured properly

/opt/mnt/data/clients
localhost,10.0.0.0/24(rw,no_root_squash,no_all_squash,sync)

My drbd0 block device is set like this:

brw-r-----  1 root disk 147, 0 Nov 20 00:13 /dev/drbd0

I can write to /opt/mnt/data/clients fine without nfs.

I've currently got it set:

drwxrwxrwx  2 root root  4096 Nov 11 16:57 clients

I haven't found any permissions which would appear to prevent a client from
mounting...
Google turns up very little about this error so I'm not sure what I'm
looking at.

Dan Brown
danb at zu.com