[DRBD-user] Heartbeat.

Sudhakar Mekathotti mekats at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 15:16:22 CEST 2006

Milind Dumbare,

Basically, all heartbeat does is to check if the other computer (in a
clustered/ha environment) is still live and kicking. When it finds
that the other computer is dead, then it has ability to take a
'consequential' action defined in its config. It has nothing to do
with implementation of drbd and their versions.

A good place to start to read about heartbeat is
http://www.linux-ha.org/HeartbeatProgram
>From the page:
'It performs death-of-node detection, communications and cluster
management in one process.'

Hope that helps
suds.