[DRBD-user] drbd write performance across WAN

khaja mohideen skm_mail at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 16 17:20:46 CEST 2006

Hi,

   I am using drbd 0.7.20 in debian 3.1.  I have setup
drbd in such that Primary Server(host A) is located in
our office.  Secondary Server(host B) i.e., that the
backup is located in remote office.  It's connected
via VPN.

   The write performance is heavily degraded.  I have
used Protocol A  & sndbuf-size 512k . Still the same
results. am I missing anything.  Pls advice/guide me
to tweak the write performance.

   Also can drbd support a single backup/mirror server
for multiple primary servers.  i.e.,  Multiple
Partitions from multiple servers(host1, host2) need to
replicate to mulitiple paritions on a single secondary
server(Host B).

Regards,
SKM