[DRBD-user] drbd and unix sockets

Christopher Harrison charrison at inoc.com
Fri Apr 28 22:07:48 CEST 2006

I love drbd and the ease of use.   Kudos.   Lately I have been having
problems with the drbd block device.   The problem manifests in closing
a unix socket on the drbd device device.   The result freezes all io to
the drbd devices (both primary and secondary).   The drbd device lock
appears unrecoverable.   I have found a way to re sync the systems but
it requires a reboot of both machines to re sync the devices.   After
the reboot I force the secondary to be primary and blow away the meta
data from the former primary device.   Only after I destroy the meta
data can I  start my re sync to the former primary.   If I try to re
sync with the old meta data, the previous primary system locks up again
when it tries to become primary again.

Kernel:   2.6.16-1.2096_FC5smp
drbd: 0.7.18 (api:78)
running in a two node setup
drbd config:
resource mirror{
 protocol       C;
 incon-degr-cmd "echo '!DRBD! pri on incon-degr' | wall ; sleep 60 ;
halt -f";
  startup { wfc-timeout 240; degr-wfc-timeout     120; }
#  disk { on-io-error detach; }
  disk { on-io-error pass_on; } # no difference in either mode
  net {
  }
  syncer {
    rate        11M;