[DRBD-user] How can web100 block drbd?

Maurice Volaski mvolaski at aecom.yu.edu
Mon Apr 3 09:28:48 CEST 2006

Web100 is a patch to the Linux kernel (see http://www.web100.org)
that enables one to get statistics on all TCP traffic. There was a
bug in the previous posted version, 2.5.8, but the author seems to
have fixed it.

So as far I can tell, all network traffic works except for drbd!

The computer running drbd (0.7.17 under kernel 2.6.15.6) has web100
and displays this message when it should be receiving data from its
peer (the acting primary):

<3>[14938.140724] drbd1: [drbd1_receiver/8822] sock_sendmsg time
expired, ko = 4294967295

(Interestingly, the peer won't let me access the drbd disks; they appear hung)

The author is not convinced web100 is responsible. He believes it is
possible that web100 alters timing that somehow could be triggering a
bug elsewhere in the kernel, including in drbd.

Any comments?

Maurice Volaski, mvolaski at aecom.yu.edu