[DRBD-user] Re: drbd crashed under 2.6.13 and left a resource hanging in secondary state

Maurice Volaski mvolaski at aecom.yu.edu
Sat Apr 1 00:15:00 CEST 2006

>/ 2006-03-28 20:14:26 -0500
>\ Maurice Volaski:
>>  The primary is running drbd 0.7.17 under kernel 2.6.13 and it crashed.
>
>can you be more precise than "crashed"?

Not really because I don't have any way currently to capture what
gets printed on the monitor and especially when it scrolls offscreen.

>  > Having drbd crash is not that unusual,
>
>um. what?
>can you give some details here?

When I did a full sync on the 64-bit system, it crashed and I posted
about that back on February 5th, Volume 19, Issue 7.

>hard to tell without logs.
>
>probably your heartbeat deadtime is much shorter than the drbd timeout...

Looks to be right:
net     { timeout 60; connect-int 10; ping-int 10;
#deadtime 30 (commented out probably means that this is the default value)

Will fix!

Maurice Volaski, mvolaski at aecom.yu.edu