[DRBD-user] Expanding filesystem with DRBD?

Scott Simpson Scott.Simpson at computer.org
Fri Sep 30 23:16:17 CEST 2005

I'm using LVM partitions as my underlying raw devices.

Can I expand the underlying filesystems with DRBD? That is, what if I
bring DRBD down, expand the logical volume using lvextend, bring DRBD
up, and then do a "resize2fs /dev/drbd0" (can't use the underlying
partition here!).

Should I store my metadata on a separate partition in this case or will
internal metadata work?