[DRBD-user] downgrading to drbd 0.7.11 worked (Was: drbd 0.7.13 slow resync and panic with RedHat kernel 2.4.21-32.0.1.ELsmp)

Diego Liziero diegoliz at carpidiem.it
Fri Sep 30 18:58:19 CEST 2005

Today we tried to switch to drbd 0.7.11 and everything worked fine.

We used the same kernel that repeatedly freezed with drbd 0.7.13
but with Spinlock debugging and nmi_watchdog enabled.

As regards our environment we can say that drdb 0.7.13 has some
instability issues that disappeared (by now) using the
earlier 0.7.11 version with the same kernel with Spinlock debugging and
nmi_watchdog enabled.

Sorry if we can't give more information,
but our cluster is in production and we couldn't repeat today
the kernel panic of drbd 0.7.13 with the spinlock debug option
switched on.

Regards,
Diego.