[DRBD-user] filesystem corruptions

bro zxr at lanparty.lv
Thu Sep 29 16:52:59 CEST 2005

Lars Ellenberg wrote:
> I am not saying that this is definitely what you see,
> but I do strongly suspect it.
>
> upgrade the kernel to something >= 2.6.12.4.

oh i'm sorry, this must have slipped out from my memory.
Afterwards we've come across that problem, we've set up a different set
of boxes for testing use only with configuration as it follows:

DRBD version 0.7.11 (api:77/proto:74)
Linux test1 2.6.12.5 #1 SMP

and still we had errors while running tests, this is one of them:

EXT3-fs error (device drbd0): ext3_add_entry: bad entry in directory
#16548547: rec_len is smaller than minimal - offset=0, inode=0,
rec_len=0, name_len=0
Aborting journal on device drbd0.
EXT3-fs error (device drbd0) in ext3_reserve_inode_write: Journal has
aborted
ext3_abort called.
EXT3-fs error (device drbd0): ext3_journal_start_sb: Detected aborted
journal
Remounting filesystem read-only
EXT3-fs error (device drbd0) in start_transaction: Journal has aborted
__journal_remove_journal_head: freeing b_committed_data

so i guess that's why we didn't use it on our servers altough we still
got errors.