AW: [DRBD-user] Using symlinks to mirror data of system directories...

Holger Wöhle hwoehle at arcor.de
Sun Sep 25 10:28:16 CEST 2005

> Fabrice Durand wrote:
>
> > Now I would like to make data mirroring on a system directory (like
> > /ect/ha.d/  /etc/mon/  ...)
> > with DRBD on Debian HA cluster. To do this, one have to use
> symbolic links.
>

> BTW: Mounting /etc/ha.d/ on /drbdmount by heartbeat would not be
> possible, as /etc/ha.d/ containes files necessary before the mount ...

..yepp!
/etc/drbd.conf /etc/ha.d/* are needed by the cluster to startup...so you
have a "class a catch 22" .
I use a rsync script to replicate the files under /etc like
passwd,group,shadow,samba,ha.d,drbd,conf,hosts a.s.o.
If you are interested i can pm it to you, ok ?

p.s. should i post it to the mailing-list ?

cu
Holgi