[DRBD-user] ext3 filesystem stuck

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Fri Sep 23 14:33:53 CEST 2005

/ 2005-09-23 11:58:48 +0200
\ Leroy van Logchem:
> Yesterday one of three drbd mounted filesystems went inaccessible
> (e.g. ls -asl hangs, load >300 etc.).
> Kernel messages at the time of hang:

[ 43 lines of kernel log snipped ]

> Running CentOS 4.1 (2.6.9-11.ELsmp) running drbd version: 0.7.11
> (api:77/proto:74) Because of this hangup we failover but still the
> otherside had the hungup filesystem.  I thought, big trouble, but
> after a fsck it was normally working again. Though the fsck was
> running verbose it didnt have to fix anything during the numerious
> passes.  It did mention "filesystem was modified".

there is no hint whatsoever in the quoted log or described symptoms
that this problem has anything to do with drbd.

the stack traces shown seem to not be oopses or something like that but
merely stack traces. it is unclear where they come from.
there should be some messages about what triggered them.