[DRBD-user] not able to load drbd module

Espen Ekeroth espen.ekeroth at omxgroup.com
Tue Sep 20 13:52:45 CEST 2005

Thanx.

I am missing these files:

make –s oldconfig_nonint; make –s oldconfig_nonint

And of course - since it is redhat - I have to do a "make menuconfig" and
save from there.

/Espen

jlarrea at gadisa.es
20.09.2005 13:40

        To:     Espen Ekeroth <espen.ekeroth at omxgroup.com>
        cc:     Javier_Larrea_Arias/central at gadisa.es,
drbd-user at lists.linbit.com
        Subject:        Re: Re: [DRBD-user] not able to load drbd module

Hi again,

I've made a fast translation into english of my howto.

Here is it

How to setup a Samba based cluster over RedHat EL3 with DRBD, HeartBeat
and
Samba

-     Install OS with default options plus development tools and kernel
development tools, setting then the server name.
-     Modify /etc/inittab to set runlevel 3 (id:3:initdefault:)
-     Download drbd-7.0.11.tar.gz from www.drbd.org to /root
-     cd /usr/src/linux-2.4
-     make mrproper
-     cp /boot/config-2.4.21-20.Elsmp .config
-     make –s oldconfig_nonint; make –s oldconfig_nonint
-     make dep
-     make include/linux/version.h
-     cd /usr/src
-     tar –xvzf /root/drbd-0.7.11.tar.gz
-     cd drbd-0.7.11/drbd
-     make clean all
-     cd ../scripts
-     make install
-     edit /etc/drbd.conf to define mirrored resources

resource "r0" {
  protocol C;
  incon-degr-cmd "echo '!DRBD! pri on incon-degr' | wall ; sleep 60 ; halt
  -f";
  startup {
    wfc-timeout         0;  ## Infinite!
    degr-wfc-timeout  120;  ## 2 minutes.
  }
  disk {
    on-io-error detach;
  }
  net {
  }
  syncer {
    rate   50M;
    group   1; # sync concurrently with r0
  }
  on pixie {
    device      /dev/drbd0;
    disk        /dev/hda6;
    address     192.168.52.125:7789;
    meta-disk   internal;
  }
  on dixie {
    device     /dev/drbd0;
    disk       /dev/sda6;
    address    192.168.52.126:7789;
    meta-disk  internal;
  }

-     cd ../drbd
-     edit /etc/fstab to add new resources with option noauto
-     chmod 744 drbd.o
-     cp drbd.o /lib/modules/2.4.21-20.Elsmp/kernel/drivers/block
-     edit /lib/modules/2.4.21-20.Elsmp/modules.dep and add reference to
th
prevously copied driver module (drbd.o)
-     cd /usr/src/drbd-0.7.11
-     make tools
-     make install-tools
-     mknod /dev/drbd0 b 147 0 (repeat for each needed device)
-     cd /etc/rc3.d
-     ln –s ../init.d/drbd S93drbd
-     ln –s ../init.d/drbd K93drbd
-     Dowload hearbeat-pils, heartbeat-stonith y heartbeat, and install
them on this order
-     Setup Samba
o     cd /etc
o     editar krb5.conf
§     default_realm = DOMAIN.NAME
§     [realms]
§     DOMAIN.NAME = {
§     kdc = server.domain.name:88
§     admin_server = server.domain.name:749
§     default_domain = domain.name
§     }
o     editar nsswitch.conf
§     passwd files winbind
§     group files winbind
o     editar samba/smb.conf
§     [global]
§     workgroup = WORKGROUPNAME
§     realm = DOMAIN.NAME
§     netbios name = NodeName
§     netbios aliases = ClusterName
§     winbind separator = /
§     idmap uid = 10000-20000
§     idmap gid = 10000-20000
§     winbind enum groups = yes
§     winbind enum users = yes
§     template homedir = /home/FOLDERNAME/%U
§     template shell = /bin/bash
§     server string = Server description
§     security = ADS
§     interfaces = cluster_ip_address/24
§     password server = server.domain.name
§     [SHARENAME]
§     comment = Description
§     path = /home/FOLDERNAME
§     writeable = yes
§     valid users = WORKGROUPNAME/Administrator
o     create the shared folder (/home/FOLDERNAME)
o     sync
o     sync
o     reboot
o     kinit administrator at DOMAIN.NAME
o     net ads join –U Adminstrator%administrator_password
o     chown central/administrator /home/FOLDERNAME
-     Setup heartbeat
o     cd /etc/ha.d
o     vi authkeys
§     auth 1
§     1 crc
o     vi ha.cf
§     node Node_A_Name
§     node Node_b_Name
§     deadtime 5
§     ucast eth0 (interface used by heartbeat) xx.xx.xx.xx (other node ip
address)
§     auto_failbak off
o     vi haresources
§     servername_a   ip.address/masklen       drbddisk::r0 \
§     Filesystem::/dev/drbd0::/home::ext3::acl,usrquota,grpquota \
§     drbddisk::r1 \
§     Filesystem::/dev/drbd1::/home2::ext3::acl,usrquota,grpquota \
§     smb \
§     winbind
o     chmod 600 /etc/ha.d/authkeys
-     Replicate Samba UID Mapping
o     On active node:
§     /etc/init.d/winbind  stop
§     /etc/init.d/smb stop
§     mkdir /home/cachesamba
§     mv /var/cache/samba/* /home/cachesamba
§     ln –s /home/cachesamba /var/cache/samba
§     /etc/init.d/winbind start
§     /etc/init.d/smb start
o     On passive node
§     rm –rf /var/cache/samba
§     ln –s /home/cachesamba /var/cache/samba