[DRBD-user] drbd size limit

David Bernick bernz at lextranet.com
Fri Sep 16 11:13:02 CEST 2005

>"long" will be "native", i.e. 32bit for x86, 64bit on amd64.
>

>if they are defined as "int", they are however 32bit even on 64bit arch.
>if some of those wraps, things will break.

i figured that, but i was wondering if you knew the code intimately
enough to say, "yes" or "no". that's okay, though. more for me to play
with.

What it sounds like is, "it might work perfectly... but we can't
guarantee.." which is fine. after all, this is open source software and
i should explore it myself.

but do you think, gut feeling again, as you know this software better
than i do, that if a host is 64-bit that it will work with devices that
are larger than 4TB (9TB in this case)? Is the main limitation the fact
that the metadata is 128MB?

Actually, that should have been my question: what is the limitation on
device size? the metadata?