[DRBD-user] How to customize the size of a DRBD partition ?

Helmut Wollmersdorfer helmut.wollmersdorfer at gmx.at
Tue Sep 6 13:26:04 CEST 2005

Fabrice Durand wrote:
> On 9/6/05, Martin Bene <martin.bene at icomedias.com> wrote:

>>If you're using metadata internal you _MUST_ create the filesystem on
>>the drbd device, not on the /dev/hdxxx device.

[...]

> We have created the filesystem with the command
> mkfs -t ext3 /dev/hdaxx
                     ^^^^^

You like to live dangerous?

Just do it the simple way like

- prepare space for low level device (e.g. partition or lv)
- edit /etc/drbd.conf
/etc/init.d/drbd start
drbdsetup /dev/drbd1 primary --do-what-I-say
mke2fs -j /dev/drbd1
mkdir /mnt/vs03
/etc/ha.d/resource.d/Filesystem /dev/drbd1 /mnt/vs03 ext3 start

Helmut Wollmersdorfer