[DRBD-user] FW: drbd bug? (NULL pointer dereference at virtual address)

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Tue Sep 6 11:31:59 CEST 2005

/ 2005-09-02 15:11:23 +0800
\ David Huang:

> No such problem in DRBD ver. 0.7.13
>
> maybe it's the bug of the patch?

if you speak of the 0.7.12 no.
and whatever you did see, it is still there with 0.7.13.
I saw some "got_NegDReply" in your kernel log.  these should cause a
drbd panic ("no access to good data anymore"), but seemingly they oopsed
before they could panic.

what did you do to trigger it?
you did not by any chance try to
"invalidate" on both nodes at the same time?
won't work, is expected to kill the cluster,
and could produce similar stack traces, see the changelog
leading to 0.7.12, and a recent thread about Invalidate...