[DRBD-user] Error on connection of fresh device

Varun Menghani varun.menghani at airtightnetworks.net
Fri Sep 2 18:14:05 CEST 2005

Hi,
I'm using drbd 0.7.11 with heartbeat.
I configured 2 systems and sync'ed them with 'drbdsetup /dev/drbd0
primary --do-what-I-say'
Then I unplugged one system, stopped drbd and heartbeat, removed its
drbd partition and reconfigured it and re-enabled heartbeat and drbd,
and connected it again to the first device.
The 2 devices did sync up again, but I later found that I was getting a
error saying drbd primary i/o not allowed, drbd error on block device 1
etc. I don't really remember the exact error.
However, I want to know whether I need to follow any other steps before
connecting a fresh device to a previously working one.
Regards,
Varun.

--
Varun Menghani <varun.menghani at airtightnetworks.net>