[DRBD-user] a Newbie's Questions

Louai Al-Awami louai at ccse.kfupm.edu.sa
Sun Oct 30 03:12:38 CET 2005

Dear Mr. Corey and Mr. Lars,

Thank you for your fast response, it was definitely clarifying.

I was able to set my first DRBD with my LVS. But I have some more questions:

1.	Suppose I mounted my drbd drive on the primary node using

mount     /dev/drbd/0     /tmp/drbd

then I moved my webpage into drbd using:

cp /var/www /tmp/drbd

Finally, I make a soft link to the replicated webpage using

ln -s /tmp/drbd /var/www

The question is how to do this automatically, and how to do the same thing
on the secondary node so it does the mounting when taking over.

2.	A second question, in case you have an LVS with a pool of identical
real servers that use drbd, I would like all real server to have the same
image of the block device. The question is who to do the same steps on the
real servers while they are all in secondary state to make use of the
replicated data simultaneously.

Thanks again