[DRBD-user] problems with scsi drive mobility

Brad Barnett lists at l8r.net
Wed Oct 26 05:10:56 CEST 2005

I have several SCSI controllers in one system.  Unfortunately, the boot
drive is on one of them, and when this controller is compiled into the
kernel, it is recognized first..

Therefore, the boot drive is sda, and the other three SATA drives are sdb
through sdd.

Anyhow, I'm sure everyone knows what I'm getting at.  Depending upon how
many drives I have in my hot swap bays, my raid controller will move from
sdc to sde.  I need to use those hot swap bays...

Is there any way to recognize a DRBD parition other than direct /dev/sdxx
format?  With ext3 we have the LABEL option, does drbd have anything like
that?

Thanks!