[DRBD-user] Re: drbd-0.7 completely freezes on adaptec (Dell PercRaid 3/Di)

Jerome Delamarche jd at trickytools.com
Tue Oct 25 13:27:11 CEST 2005

Hello Ingvar,

I experimented the same problem with Dell PowerEdge 2850 servers. They run
DRBD 0.7.13.

The problem seems to have disappear since I upgraded the BIOS and the
Firmware.
I contacted the Dell support to get the updates. They were very efficient
and professionnal.

I also contacted the RedHat support, they answered that "since I installed
an external software (DRBD), they could not help us".

Nevertheless, if the problem occurrs again, I will update the kernel and the
drivers with the new RedHat ES Update 2 (there is a new megaraid driver in
it).

Cheers,

Jerome