[DRBD-user] a Newbie's Questions

Louai Al-Awami louai at ccse.kfupm.edu.sa
Mon Oct 24 04:08:27 CEST 2005

Hi all,

I am new to DRBD and have some  questions.

1.	I am using DRBD under UML, and I am not sure which block device to
use for the "disk" field for my resource. I use the disk I found when
running df command, but I got a message saying "low level device already
mounted". Here is my drbd.conf:

################################

resource drbd0 {

  protocol C;

  incon-degr-cmd "halt -f";

  on lvs-nms1 {

    device    /dev/drbd/0;

    disk      /dev/ubd/disc0/disc;

    address   172.16.70.151:7789;

    meta-disk internal;

  }

  on lvs-nms2 {

    device    /dev/drbd/0;

    disk      /dev/ubd/disc0/disc;

    address   172.16.70.152:7789;

    meta-disk internal;

  }

}

2.	Is DRBD used only to synchronize the whole disk? Can not I used to
synchronize directories instead?

3.	What is the meta-disk for? And can I use a meta-disk that is smaller
than 128MB?

 Regards and thanks

Louai Al-Awami