[DRBD-user] Re: filesystem corruptions

Eugene Crosser crosser at rol.ru
Fri Oct 21 10:44:18 CEST 2005

Philipp Reisner wrote:
>>Judging from people's posts and my own experience, I *think* that the
>>problem does not show on SCSI, only on on-board SATA.
>
> [...]
>
>>Kernel 2.6.11.12 + bio_clone() fix, SMP
>>Marvell MV88SX6081 8-port SATA II PCI-X Controller (rev 03),
>>mvsata340 driver
>>drbd 0.7.13 (SVN Revision: 1942)
>>md3 : active raid5 sdf3[5] sde3[4] sdd3[3] sdc3[2] sdb3[1] sda3[0]
>
> [...]
>
>>  on snfs1 {
>>    device /dev/drbd0;
>>    disk /dev/md3;
>>    address 10.0.0.2:7788;
>>    meta-disk  internal;
>>  }
>

> My config here is
> 2.6.13, SMP, 4CPUs
> Currently the disk is on the compaq controller /dev/ida/c0d0...
> No software raid.
>
> I had no 24h of a wbtest on top of a Primary/SyncSource DRBD
> with ext3 running. Nothing regarding ext3 in the syslog so far.

I think (not 100% sure) that we did run wbtest on our SATA system
(without production load), and it did not trigger the problem.

Hmm, maybe we should try on the SATA system the versions of drbd and
kernel *exactly* same as on our high load SCSI systems that work well.
We already did it, and there where *some* problems but we did not
closely investigate them before upgrading.

Eugene