[DRBD-user] Re: filesystem corruptions

Eugene Crosser crosser at rol.ru
Tue Oct 11 11:35:56 CEST 2005

Lars Ellenberg wrote:

>>>                                              ^^^^^^^^^
>>>
>>>But you applied the bio_clone fix, did you?
>>
>>Nope.  Because (1) on other systems, I am running 2.6.10 without that
>>fix without any problem
>

> as long as there is nothing involved that uses bio clones,
> it does not affect you.
>
> drbd uses them all the time.

There *is* drbd on the system that runs 2.6.10 kernel *without*
bio_clone() fix.  Works perfectly under rather high load.  Miracle?  Maybe.

>>and (2) bro reported that 2.12.5 which has this
>>fix did not make any difference.
>

> please double check yourself.

I will make sure to try the same setup with bio_clone() fix applied.  I
do not expect it to make any difference, though, because of the above...
Well, if only bio_clone fix affects SATA but does not affect SCSI?..

Eugene