[DRBD-user] Re: filesystem corruptions

Eugene Crosser crosser at rol.ru
Mon Oct 10 22:10:05 CEST 2005

Just out of the blue: could the problem be in the drbd vs. md
interaction, rather than SATA, DMA, IRQ magic?

Did anyone ever successfully run drbd on top of md (and under
significant load: the problem does not show up under light load)?

I remember Philip told me that linbit is typically running drbd on top
of hardware RAIDs, and that they are *considering* software RAID because
of better monitoring features.  And I remember Lars recently said that
they failed with software RAID on SATA but things magically went good
when they dropped in "an old promise controller" (which is a hardware
RAID, correct?).

Could the FS corruption be an artifact of "double virtualization"
conflicting with the scheme of marking dirty buffers on the VM layer or
something equally incomprehensible? ;-)

Eugene