[DRBD-user] drbd and nice_failback

Luis Claudio R. Goncalves lclaudio at unix.sh
Mon Oct 10 19:51:24 CEST 2005

Hello!

I'd strongly suggest you to update you version of heartbeat. You should
use at least heartbeat version 1.2.

The scripts to use drbd in heartbeat 0.4.9 were related to drbd-0.5. It
means almost three years of changes and enhancements.

Luis

On Mon, Oct 10, 2005 at 05:39:45PM +0100, thebet at tin.it wrote:
| Hi i setup drbd 0.7.13 and heartbeat 0.4.9 on Debian Woody.  It's ok,
| but if i set nice_failback off on ha.cf then when master comes back
| online (and tries to take everything back from the slave) it fails to
| mount drbd resources.  I got the following message:
| iioctl(,SET_STATE,)
| failed: Permission denied
| Command '/sbin/drbdsetup /dev/drbdx primary'
| terminated with exit code 20
| Partner is already primary
|
| Is there any
| chance to use drbd with nice_failback off ?
|
| Then another question:
| What if both nodes comes back after a power failure? Is better to
| maintain slave node down and power on manually after master node?
| Thanks in advance.

| Esta mensagem foi verificada pelo E-mail Protegido Terra.
| Scan engine: McAfee VirusScan / Atualizado em 07/10/2005 / Vers?o: 4.4.00/4600
| Proteja o seu e-mail Terra: http://mail.terra.com.br/
---end quoted text---

--
[ Luis Claudio R. Goncalves                  lclaudio _at unix _dot sh ]
[ Fingerprint:   4FDD B8C4 3C59 34BD 8BE9  2696 7203 D980 A448 C8F8    ]