[DRBD-user] drbd and nice_failback

thebet at tin.it thebet at tin.it
Mon Oct 10 18:39:45 CEST 2005

Hi i setup drbd 0.7.13 and heartbeat 0.4.9 on Debian Woody.  It's ok,
but if i set nice_failback off on ha.cf then when master comes back
online (and tries to take everything back from the slave) it fails to
mount drbd resources.  I got the following message:
iioctl(,SET_STATE,)
failed: Permission denied
Command '/sbin/drbdsetup /dev/drbdx primary'
terminated with exit code 20
Partner is already primary

Is there any
chance to use drbd with nice_failback off ?

Then another question:
What if both nodes comes back after a power failure? Is better to
maintain slave node down and power on manually after master node?
Thanks in advance.