[DRBD-user] drbd size limit

David Huang david_huang at proware.com.tw
Thu Oct 6 09:56:30 CEST 2005

I am quite interested in this question as well.

I wonder how large can a DRBD device be under 32bits environment? because the barrier in my testing environment is 2TB (with vmalloc=192M kernel option, * a strange thing is that Fedora can set up vmalloc up to gigabyte, but I can not do it with offical kernel), anything over 2TB crashes my machines. Is there any possibility to make a 4TB DRBD device in 32 bits environment?? if source code modification or kernel tunning is a necessary, where should I begin with?

cheers

David Huang