[DRBD-user] csync2

S P Arif Sahari Wibowo arifsaha at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 6 06:53:58 CEST 2005

On Wed, 5 Oct 2005, Clifford Wolf wrote:
> csync2 stats the files and compares the file metadata (size,
> modification time, etc) with a local database of the last
> known state and so detects changes in local files without
> reading the whole metadata.

I guess csync2 will still need to scan the all the directories
in the group to be able to tell which files were modified,
right?

Will it possible to narrow the scope of particular execution of
csync2? So if there is a way to know which files / directories
were possibly modified, csync2 only scan those directories
instead of the whole group.

BTW, anybody use fschange
<http://stefan.buettcher.org/cs/fschange/> already? This kernel
patch report which files were modified.