[DRBD-user] How many nodes?

Roger Tsang perj8 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 5 04:09:50 CEST 2005

>On Fri, 23 Sep 2005, Roger Tsang wrote:
>>Not yet, not that I know of, but you might want to look into the OpenSSI
>>project which has modified DRBD to support more than two nodes and without
>>having to setup heartbeat.
>
>The problem with OpenSSI is limited way it has been being distributed /
>donloadable: only as full kernel. If i want to upgrade the kernel in the
>future, but OpenSSI not there yet, I basically screwed.
>
>Can DRBD SSI run by itself, without the OpenSSI?
>How stable it is?

The point is DRBD-SSI includes the modifications so that OpenSSI can
coordinate its root filesystem failover with DRBD failover such that the
failover will be automatic and appear seamless.  HP sponsors OpenSSI
(http://opensource.hp.com/ under Clustering), so I doubt the project will
suddenly disappear.  We've also plans to include OpenSSI into the Ubuntu
project.  The kernel-2.4 fork is stable.  The up coming kernel-2.6
development release will be near stable.

You are free to try.  Give us feedback.  Thanks.

Roger