[DRBD-user] Re: al, bm, ap and ld in /proc/drbd

Joonbum Byun jbyun at qovia.com
Tue Oct 4 15:56:01 CEST 2005

Lars;
[Joon Byun]
Thanks for your reply.

I already looked at the FAQ:Operational Issues in http://www.drbd.org/317.html but could not find the fields there.

Thanks,

/ 2005-10-03 16:05:14 -0400
\ Joonbum Byun:
> Hi;
>
> Does any one know what those fields "al", "bm", "ap" and "ld" mean in
> /proc/drbd?

ever used google?
gg: what does mean drbd al bm ap ld

ok, it is not the first hit, but it is on the first page of hits.
hint: FAQ

 :)

------------------------------

Message: 10
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 09:03:04 +0200
From: Philipp Reisner <philipp.reisner at linbit.com>
Subject: Re: [DRBD-user] Hosts freezes during 2 or 3 minutes
To: drbd-user at lists.linbit.com
Cc: jd at trickytools.com

Am Montag, 3. Oktober 2005 14:44 schrieb jd at trickytools.com:
> Hello,
>
> I installed DRBD 0.7.13 on 2 Dell Poweredge 2850.
> I often experience a freeze of the Primary during several minutes.
> There is no message logged anywhere, no message on the system console.
> There is no network problem, no message are logged on the Secondary.
>
> After the freeze, everything restarts OK.
>
> I know I lack information to help debugging, but anyway, here is the
> configuration of the servers:
> - OS = Linux RedHat ES4 Update 1
> - use a megaraid controler
> - has 2MB of RAM and two Xeon at 3,2 MHz

What do you men by freeze:
 * Does it respond to key-strokes ?
 * Does it respond to pings ?
 * Does it respond to the "Num-Lock" key with toggling the "num-Lock" led ?
 * Is the screen blank, or has it the same content as before the freeze ?

Could you retry and boot the kernel with the parameter "nmi_watchdog=1"
on the kernel's command line ?

> The former version of DRBD fixed a similar bug.
> But maybe another bug with the same impact still exists ?

We have got a new test cluster up and running here since about 10 days
now. It mirrored many many terra bytes of device mapper zero targets
in the last week.

  The cluster is build out of two 4 way xeon machines. I do not have
  the feeling that there is a spinlock deadlock in the latest release.

-Phil

Message: 11