[DRBD-user] Hosts freezes during 2 or 3 minutes

Philipp Reisner philipp.reisner at linbit.com
Tue Oct 4 11:30:21 CEST 2005

Am Dienstag, 4. Oktober 2005 11:10 schrieb Jerome Delamarche:
> > Could you retry and boot the kernel with the parameter "nmi_watchdog=1"
> > on the kernel's command line ?
>
> Yes, I could, but according to the documentation(s), this parameter either
> kills processes that make
> the host hangs for more than 5 seconds, either it reboots the host.
> I prefer to wait 2/3 minutes and recover the normal activity: the users can
> use again their network sessions for example.

You are saying that the hosts freezes for about 2 to 3 minutes and resumes
its activity then ?

Well, you should try the nmi_watchdog. This could bring light to the issue,
if it is a spinlock problem at all. --- If the hosts freezes for 2 to 3
minutes that is most probably an other issue. Probably not related to DRBD.

BTW, how many CPUs are in that server ?

-Phil