[DRBD-user] Moving metadata

jlarrea at gadisa.es jlarrea at gadisa.es
Sat Oct 1 18:27:59 CEST 2005

-----drbd-user-bounces at lists.linbit.com escribió: -----

Para: drbd-user at lists.linbit.com
De: Lars Ellenberg <Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com>
Enviado por: drbd-user-bounces at lists.linbit.com
Fecha: 30/09/2005 12:17
Asunto: Re: [DRBD-user] Moving metadata

/ 2005-09-30 08:29:45 +0200
\ jlarrea at gadisa.es:

> Hi all,
>
> I've a drbd based file server cluster with internal meta-data defined.
I'm
> thinking on moving meta-data to anoher disk but I'm not sure about how to
> do it. I suppose that I've to stop drbd on the secondary node, modify
> drbd.conf, invalidate secondary and restart drbd, but I'm not sure, and
> it's an production environment, so I can do a test like this. Any idea?

|this assumes recent bash and tools, and not-too-large devices.
|only do this if you understand what it does,
|and what it might destroy...

What do you mean with not-too-large devices? (my drbd devices are 120 Gb
and 30 Gb)
I think I inderstand what can do these commands, but I think they can
damage data on the new metadata disk. Can I try another solution?

# drbd stop
#
# lower_level_dev_with_internal_md=/dev/whatever
# new_external_md_device=/dev/something_else
# S=$(blockdev --getsize64 $lower_level_dev_with_internal_md)
# O=$[(S-(128<<20)) & ~4095];
# perl -e '$O = $ARGV[0]; sysseek(STDIN,$O,0) == $O or die "sysseek: $!\n";
#          exec "dd bs=128M count=1"' $O \
#     < $lower_level_dev_with_internal_md \
#     > $new_external_md_device
#
# edit drbd.conf,
# adjust meta-disk to $new_external_md_device [0];
#
# drbd start

no invalidate involved.

: Schoenbrunner Str. 244, A-1120 Vienna/Europe   http://www.linbit.com: