Re-11: [DRBD-user] drbd freezes completely!

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.de
Wed Nov 30 10:05:13 CET 2005

On 2005-11-25T14:29:13, Philipp Reisner <philipp.reisner at linbit.com> wrote:

Thanks for the forward...

> you are right. It looks like CONFIG_4KSTACKS has gone away. I think this was
> introduced in 2.6.12 or 2.6.13 but the SUSE guys have backported a lot of
> current kernel "things".

Yes, but certainly not the 4KSTACKS limitation; the stack in SLES9 is at
least 8kb (or two pages). Did you compile the kernel yourself?

> After several tests I think my problem was caused by the SUSE-default
> IO-sheduler (cfq). Switching to the vanilla default (as) fixed the problem.

This is rather unlikely; we've never observed anything like this. To the
higher levels, the schedulers look identical except for slightly
different performance characteristics.

> But I think it has something to do with my hardware-setup because we never
> had this problem before!

This is more likely.

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb at suse.de>