[DRBD-user] 2.6.13.4-grsec + drbd 0.7.14 problem

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Wed Nov 16 15:29:20 CET 2005

/ 2005-11-15 21:45:37 +0100
\ Thomas Schwanhäuser:
> Hi Lars,
>
> A few weeks ago, we had a similar problem running the Fedora 2.6.13-1.1526 SMP-Kernel (64bit) and drbd 0.7.11 - same error messages (can't kill child). We solved it by doing a complete reboot of both machines. Afterwards, everything worked.
>

> The problem was caused in the following situation:
>

> Server A had a kernel panic. After rebooting, the resyncronization with Server B failed.
>
> Restarting DRBD on Server B failed with the can't-kill-child-message.

it does not.
after a kernel panic, nothing is expected to work normally.
so if anything does still work after a kernel panic, it is by pure luck.

so it would be interessting why it comes to a kernel panic (not why it
behaves strangely after a kernel panic). and whether this kernel panic
has anything to do with drbd, or is even a bug in drbd, or not.