[DRBD-user] ioctl(,SET_DISK_CONFIG,) failed: Invalid argument

Yann Forget yann.forget at goelaan.ch
Thu Nov 3 10:05:19 CET 2005

on castor {
     device     /dev/drbd0;
     disk       /dev/sdb1;
     address     10.0.0.11:7788;
     meta-disk  internal;

# drbdadm attach all
ioctl(,SET_DISK_CONFIG,) failed: Invalid argument
Lower device is already mounted.
Command '/sbin/drbdsetup /dev/drbd0 disk /dev/sdb1 internal -1
--on-io-error=detach' terminated with exit code 20
drbdsetup exited with code 20

However /dev/sdb1 is NOT mounted.
Actually, I just deleted the partition, rebooted, recreated, and
rebooted again.

But it seems the arguments passed to drbdsetup are wrong.
What should be the arguments?

In /etc/drbd.conf, there is
# You must not give an index with 'internal'.

And with
meta-disk  /dev/sdb4[0];

# drbdadm attach all
ioctl(,SET_DISK_CONFIG,) failed: Invalid argument
Lower device is already mounted.
Command '/sbin/drbdsetup /dev/drbd0 disk /dev/sdb1 /dev/sdb4 0
--on-io-error=detach' terminated with exit code 20
drbdsetup exited with code 20

Thanks,

Yann

--