[DRBD-user] Message related to kernel in dmesg

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Mon May 30 09:50:12 CEST 2005

/ 2005-05-27 14:17:04 -0300
\ Jairo N C Raiol:

> drbd: no version for "struct_module" found: kernel tainted.
>
> Despite this, drbd seems to function perfectly.
>
> I must worry me about this message?

either your kernel was compiled with mod_version
support, and the drbd module was not, or your drbd
module has mod_version support, but the kernel was
compiled without it.

this means that the drbd module was not compiled with
an exactly matching kernel config, so if you thought it
was, this may be reason to worry.

I'd prefer to recompile the drbd module with a matching
kernel config so it fits exactly.

cheers,