[DRBD-user] GLIBC error

Bernd Schubert bernd-schubert at gmx.de
Fri May 20 14:34:24 CEST 2005

Hi "Discussion Lists"  ;)

> Those are the main things I have tried to do with no success, and I was
> hoping someone would have some advice.  I can't install a development
> environment on the secure machine though, so I am limited with what I
> can do there.  I was hoping some of you could tell me what the error
> means, and some way to get around it, or fix it?

I couldn't follow you if you are still able to get your secure machine in its
original state, I would suggest to do that first.
Next you should compile the drbd tool static on your development machine, so
without any library dependency (-static for gcc). The glibc error message
just means the glibc on the secure and development machine are not
compatible. Probably you have a newer glibc on your development system than
on your secure system.

Cheers,
 Bernd

--