[DRBD-user] More than two drbd devices - how to get devices in /dev?

Wed May 11 07:44:58 CEST 2005

Hello all,

I'm trying to get drbd up and going.  I had it working with a single
partition, but decided to make 4 partitions instead, so I deleted the
original partition and made 4 to replace it on each machine.

The problem now is that I can only get the first couple to work, since
there is only drbd0 and drbd1 in /dev after I modprobe drbd.  How do I
get drbd2 and drbd3 created too?  I tried creating them by hand with
mknod, but then drbdadm primary all froze the remote machine until the
next day, so I haven't tried that again...

--
Cheers,
- Casey