[DRBD-user] notify() and show_stack()

Corey Edwards tensai at zmonkey.org
Mon Mar 28 23:14:52 CEST 2005

I'm trying to compile the DRBD kernel module on Debian stable using
kernel 2.4.18. I'm running into an error locating functions notify() and
show_stack().

        drbd_compat_wrappers.h: In function `dump_stack':
        drbd_compat_wrappers.h:19: warning: implicit declaration of
        function `show_stack'
        lru_cache.c: In function `lc_alloc':
        lru_cache.c:53: warning: implicit declaration of function
        `unlikely'

It compiles but fails to load:

        # insmod drbd/drbd.o
        drbd/drbd.o: unresolved symbol show_stack
        drbd/drbd.o: unresolved symbol unlikely

I was able to get it to work by commenting out the call to show_stack().
As it seems to be a debugging help I figured that would at least
function. I wasn't able to find the function definition anywhere. It's
in the asm specific code but I don't see any mention in a .h file.

For unlikely() I found the function definition in linux/compiler.h in
the kernel source tree. Adding an #include statement made that work. Now
everything seems to be fine.

Is that a known problem? Did I do something wrong during the build to
make it lose track of the headers?

Corey