[DRBD-user] Debian Install

Sven Mueller sm+drbd at ciphirelabs.com
Sun Mar 13 00:33:52 CET 2005

Kee Gohil wrote on 12/03/2005 20:28:
> Thanks for that. I'm getting a little further.
>
> I installed module-assistant and kernel-headers but now I'm getting
>
> /usr/bin/make -C /usr/src/kernel-headers-2.4.18
> SUBDIRS=/usr/src/modules/drbd/drbd  modules
> make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/kernel-headers-2.4.18'
> make[2]: *** No rule to make target `modules'.  Stop.
>
> In the /usr/src/kernel-headers-2.4.18 directory, there is only one
> directory (include).  There is no Makefile.  What am I missing?

Try contacting the debian maintainers of kernel-headers-2.4.18 and
module-assistant. There is a bug in one of those packages. I worked
around that problem on my mail host because I thought I had a wrong
setup, but it seems I'm not the only one.
I know at least the maintainer of module-assistant is generally helpful
and friendly.

cu,
sven

PS: To work around the problem, you need to install
kernel-source-2.4.18, unpack it and link or copy it's Makefile (and the
scripts directory) into the kernel-headers-2.4.18 directory. As far as I
recall, this is all that's needed to work around that problem.